Doctors are often asked by patients to complete forms, reports and certificates for various reasons, which may or may not require physical examination. Examples include medicals for HGV or PSV licenses, or fitness for occupation, travel or sporting activities. These are normally non-NHS services.
From time to time the doctor will be asked to provide a letter to a firm/individual. We no longer do 'to whom it may concern' letters, so any request must be accompanined by full details of the recipient.
Please help us by completing all of your personal information (eg name, address, date of birth, etc.) on any paperwork before giving it to Receiption.
If a physical examination is required, this can often take at least thirty minutes, so a special appointment is required, usually outside normal consulting hours. Please arrange this with Reception.
It will take up to 14 days to complete such paperwork
Most of these private examinations and reports do not come under the NHS and carry a fee which must be paid at the time the request is made.
The approximate fees are as follows:
- Private sick note : * £60 +VAT
- Support letter : £10 + VAT
- Holiday Cancellation Certificate : £20
- Sickness/Accident Insurance form : £15
- HGV, PSV Examination (new) : £90 + VAT
- HGV, PSV Examination (review) : £45 + VAT
- Pre-employment medicals : £180
- Passport : £15
Please contact Reception on 01388 817777 for an appointment and to confirm the current level of fees payable.
Please note, fees are payable in advance.
* If you or your employer require a 'Fit Note' before the seven consecutive days have elapsed it will be treated as a Private Sick Note.