Urgent Treatment Centres

If you have a minor injury, 24/7, 365 days a year, you can go to a Minor Injuries Unit at:

  • Bishop Auckland Hospital  DL14 6AD  or
  • Peterlee Community Hospital  SR8 5UQ
  • Shotley Bridge Hospital  DH8 0NB

However, we would advise that you call NHS 111 to get an appointment thereby reducing your waiting times in the unit.

Call 111 picture

Examples of a minor injury are:

  • Sprains and strains
  • Broken Bones
  • Wound infections
  • Minor burns and scalds
  • Minor head injuries
  • Minor eye injuries
  • Insect and animal bites

The NHS belongs to us all.  Lets use it responsibly.  The way you use your NHS matters - using it wisely means we can develop and invest in local services to make your NHS fit for the future.

Phone 111 and  TALK before you WALK

Updated: 31/08/2022

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website